Here the double observe mainline from Edinburgh and Hawick, to the north, break up to run … JONES, J.P. WE have this week to document the demise of some of the versatile, clever, and best- known men in South Wales—namely, Mr. Ben Jones, J.P., of Llanelly, who expired at his residence, Goring-road, on Sunday last. He was the son of the late Mr. Rees Jones, of Penybailey, Loughor. And was a brother of the late Rhvs William Jones M. Inst. Brunei in the survey and arrangement for a half of the line via Glamorganshire and Carmarthenshire, and the Vale of Neath Railway. Mr. B. Jones was educated on the Swansea Grammar School.

Supporters continue to protest against their ownership with the current house sport against Nottingham Forest seeing a sit-in staged inside Old Trafford at full-time. United return to motion after the international break in opposition to Brighton on Saturday afternoon.

This structure had been a characteristic of the station from the outset, despite the initial lack of sidings. The structure’s possession under British Railways initially yielded expansion. South of the street bridge, 4 electrified sidings had been commissioned in 1955, three of which extended for some 555 feet, the fourth being seven hundred foot lengthy. This addition was adopted four years later by the installation of colour aspect signalling alongside the route, in connection with ”Phase 1” of the Kent Coast Electrification.

info as to siding purpose and controlling signal box for 1961. Contact could be made by way of the BloodandCustard website. Please

HYETT.- We regret to an- nounce the demise of Mr. Lewis Hyett, watch maker and jeweller, which happened on Friday final, thirteenth inst. Mr. Hyett was for 35 years in the employ of the late Mr. Hennessey (now Messis. Taylor and Co.) The interment occurred at e,’ Cockett Churchyard on Tuesday seventeenth inst. The funeral arrangements were carried out in a most satisfactory manner by E.

The original riveted metallic body of LC&DR classic, nevertheless, stays. Far Colliery was a really small mining village just south east of the Plashetts Staith at end of the Plashetts Colliery Waggonway. Bank Top (Plashetts Colliery) dates from the identical interval. The colliery closed round 1932 with the dying of Joseph Slater.

Border Counties Railway

There had been also temporary summer time camps corresponding to Whickhope Camp. This is a single observe seven arch masonry viaduct. The parapet resembles battlements, even featuring arrow-loops. There are crosses on the prime of the piers, on the spandrels. We would give the present scaffolding enterprise on the jap a part of the positioning as much time as possible to find various premises, and we’re speaking with the enterprise to see what we may do to help it find a appropriate various location. The land is at present getting used as a scaffolding yard with access from Fordmill Road and open land to the rear of the present Pool Court housing.


This was a single platform station with a stone constructed building mixed with a railway cottage. At the east end was a siding on the south facet of the line, approached from the west, which reached a loading financial institution by reversal. This was a two platform station with a protracted passing loop. The line opened in 1859 and the station opened to passengers in 1860. The station constructing, stone constructed and of two storeys, was on the northbound platform and there was a goods siding on the west side, approached from the north, serving a loading bank.

This was the second line to this colliery, following the same course because the older original tramway which had joined the line to the south (Acomb Colliery Junction [1st]), to be approached from the south. The new connection was approached from the north. This was a private station built for W H Charlton (of Hesleyside Hall) for whom it was named.

The line between Kielder and Falstone is now under the waters of the Kielder Water reservoir. Decking Contractor Bellingham of stations had a single platform with a items loop. This was the junction for the siding to Acomb Colliery.

By admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *